The national PSC is asking all supporters to take action right away to help end the scandal of child prisoners being held by Israel.
Please ask your MP to support Early Day Motion 563 on the military detention of Palestinian children by Israel. Just fill in your postcode on this page to automatically generate an email to your MP, which you can then edit and send.
Israel is the only country in the world that systematically prosecutes children in military courts – between 500 and 700 each year. The Israel Prison Service revealed that an average of 204 Palestinian children have been held in custody every month since 2012.
Ill-treatment in the Israeli military detention system remains “widespread, systematic, and institutionalised throughout the process”. These were the conclusions of the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) report ‘Children in Israeli Military Detention Observations and Recommendations‘.
- Taken from their homes at gunpoint in night-time raids by soldiers.
- Blindfolded, bound and shackled.
- Interrogated without a lawyer or relative being present and with no audio-visual recording.
- Put into solitary confinement.
- Forced to sign confessions (often in Hebrew – a language they do not understand).
More information can be found in the PSC factsheet on Child Prisoners