The national PSC has launched an easy-to-use online tool so you can quiz your election candidates’ views on Palestine in just a few seconds.
The more of us who use this in Faversham and Whitstable, the clearer it will be that we want our newly-elected MPs to stand up for Palestinian rights in the next UK parliament, which will be elected this May.
If you hear from any of the candidates, please let us know.
And please share this page on your Facebook and / or Twitter accounts, if you have them.
If you take part, the PSC will send the candidates in your local constituency seven questions on Palestine, which will help us to see where they stand and what course of action they support:
1. I urge the UK Government to uphold the principles of equality, human rights and international law in all its relations and dealings with Israel.
2. I consider the construction of Israeli settlements on occupied Palestinian land in the West Bank and East Jerusalem to be illegal and unjustifiable.
In achieving these principles, what are your views on the following steps that a future UK Government could take:
3. Do you agree that one of the first acts of the next UK Government should be the recognition of Palestine?
4. Do you agree that the blockade on Gaza should be lifted immediately?
5. Do you agree that we should stop trade with Israel’s settlements on Palestinian land, and stop settlement goods being sold in Britain?
6. Do you agree that the EU Israel Association Agreement should be suspended until Israel meets its human rights obligations?
7. Do you agree that the government should stop supplying arms to Israel until it complies with international law?